If you were to die today, are you 100% sure that you would go to Heaven? Or would you say, “I would like to know, but I am not certain. I know that I want to go to Heaven, but how can anyone know for certain?”
In my writing today, I want to write to each of you personally, so that I will be speaking to you, regardless of the miles which we might be separated by.
The Bible’s Salvation Message
The Bible clearly states that there is only one way for anyone to go to Heaven once they die.
- John 14:6: “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me.”
- In Acts 4:12 the Bible says, “Neither is there salvation in any other; for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.”
As you sit in your chair listening to my words, you are about to ask the most important question in the world to me: “Pastor, what does the word saved mean?” The Biblical use of the word means to be delivered from danger.
The danger which awaits you if you are not saved, is the danger of dying and immediately going to a horrible place which the Bible calls hell. The best news I have for you is that Jesus Christ has made it possible for you to be delivered from this place of torment.
The Way to Heaven
Let me explain to you what the Bible says everyone must do in order to go to Heaven.
- If you are going to be saved from hell, you must first realize that you, like me, are a sinner. Romans 3:23 says: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” Scripture teaches us that sin is disobedience to God. This sin could be stealing, murder, alcohol and drug addiction, or it could be not doing all that God wants you to do. Nonetheless, you must agree with God that you have sinned. With this acknowledgement of sin, you must also be sorry that you have sinned against God who has only loved and done good by you.
- You must now realize that because of your sins, there is a penalty for those sins. Romans 6:23 says: “For the wages of sin is death..” This death is a ETERNAL SEPARATION from God for all of eternity. Once you die in your sins, without Jesus Christ, there will NEVER be an opportunity for you to escape this place of torment. However, God does not want this for you,
- Now comes the most amazing and wonderful news I can share with you. Jesus WANTS you to be saved and to spend an eternity with Him in Heaven.
- Romans 5:8 makes this very clear. “But God commendeth (Proved or Demonstrated) His love towards us (You and Me) in that while we were yet sinners, CHRIST DIED FOR US!” Wow! Amazing, isn’t it? What this means is that while the penalty of sin is eternal separation from God, Jesus paid our sin debt for us. While on the Cross, Jesus had the sins of the world, and more personally, your sins and mine laid upon His body.
- II Corinthians 5:21 says: “Foe He hath made Him (Jesus) to be sin for us, who knew NO SIN; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him.” Jesus had ALL of our sins laid upon Him and then He shed his blood to pay for our sin debt. Hebrews 9:22 teaches us this truth: “For without the shedding of blood is no remission (or forgiveness) of sins.”
- Finally, if you are going to be saved from hell and go to Heaven when you die, you must now “sincerely” ask Jesus to forgive you of your sins and place your “complete” faith in He alone to take you to Heaven. Romans 10:9-10 teaches us this fact: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in thine heart that God hath raise Him from the dead, (here is YOUR Promise from God) THOU SHALT BE SAVED. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” Now is the time you must decide what you are going to do with Jesus. Will you receive Him into your heart or will you reject Him? What you do with Jesus right now will determine WHERE you will spend eternity! Romans 10:13 issues you an invitation to Heaven: “For whosoever (this means you) shall call upon the name of the Lord, you SHALL be saved.”
Making the Decision to Follow Jesus
The first prayer to pray is the very one found in Luke 18:13: “God be merciful to ME a sinner.” If you will ask for God’s forgiveness right now, and invite Jesus to come into your heart, you WILL be saved immediately!! See Romans 10:13 once again.
You might delay to make this decision, waiting for a better time. Listen to what God’s advice is to you. II Corinthians 6:2: “Behold, now is the accepted time; behold now is the day of salvation.” Why is it so critical that you make your decision for God today? Once again, I point you to God’s Word: Proverbs 27:1: “Boast not thyself of tomorrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.” Will you pray sincerely the above prayer right now inviting Jesus to save you?
If you sincerely prayed and invited Jesus to save you, would you please comment below and let me know or contact me at JimKilgoreMinistries@gmail.com. I have written this specifically for you and I would love to rejoice with you. Also, if you would request, I will be glad to send you a free Bible study which will help you to learn how to pray, how to study the Bible, and other important lessons designed with you in mind.